Benefits of the TAPP Program
- $10,000 scholarship for each academic year of support, for up to three years
- Support to complete a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, physics, or geology
- Support for completing major course requirements and CSET preparation
- Support to complete teacher certification and obtain a California science teaching credential with dual authorization to teach both biology and chemistry, or physics and chemistry
- Mentoring by science faculty from CSU Fullerton
- Stipends to attend science education conferences
- Reimbursement of CSET fees
- Research opportunities within the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department at CSU Fullerton
- Membership in a virtual professional learning community
- Program information – detailed program info, Download the brochure
TAPP Program Stipends
- If selected, you will receive annual stipends of $10,000. This will offer you the opportunity to devote full time to learning science and how to teach science for up to two years at the upper division level and over the entire credential program.
- Throughout all the phases of the program you will experience a support system that includes science faculty, education faculty, and local master teachers. This support system will enable you to build upon your undergraduate and credential program experiences and be successful in your new teaching position.
- After obtaining the teaching credential, you will be required to teach for at least two years in a high-need school, which characterizes a large number of California schools.